Saturday, September 17, 2011

How to: Make Your Own Deep Conditioner

Today I fed my hair with yummy avocado hair mask. So I thought I'd share this recipe here...I discovered this Avocado hair mask recipe from missglamorazzi on YouTube not long ago. I tried it and liked this avocado hair mask (Hello missglamorazzi, if you see this post, thanks ^-^!) I think this is my 4th or 5th time using this hair mask recipe at home and I have to say.... it really works!!!  This deep conditioner made my hair healthier and shinier.





Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoon honey 
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avocados are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K. (Source from Wikipedia)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Directions:

1. Cut the avocado in half
                           
2. Remove the pit

3. Add 2 tablespoon honey (here I used organic honey)
4. Add 2 tablespoon olive oil (you don't have to be exact)
5. Mix until they are well blended (you can use a fork/spoon, but this time I used a mini blender because I found it easier and faster to blend everything together into a paste)
6. Here you have your homemade yummy hair mask ^-^

7. Apply on dry hair. Start lightly from the roots (or avoid the roots) working down to the ends of your hair. I put more on the mid-sections and ends of my hair since they're more damaged and dry. 

8. Secure with a hair tie and wrap the hair with plastic wrap to lock the moisture

9. Wait for 20-30 minutes

10. Rinse with warm water. Shampoo and conditioner afterward.


Notes:

1. I altered missglamorazzi's recipe a bit. I doubled the olive oil and honey this time so it's easier to blend them altogether and easier to apply to the hair as well (because it's not as thick).

2. I only used half of the mixture on my hair this time, and saved the rest half in the refrigerator for the next hair wash day. I used to use all the mixture on my hair and I felt it's too thick and difficult to apply and I don't need to use that much (with original recipe). 

3. I tried to use this deep conditioner once a week for my color treated damaged hair and I can really see the magic result ^-^


4. missglamorazzi's hair mask tutorial:




5. Have fun and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. looks so yummi!
    If you like CK parfumes dont forget to join my first giveaway here:
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/2011/09/first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...