Saturday, October 8, 2011

Revlon Matte Lipstick - Pink Pout (vs Rimmel Airy Fairy)

Today's post goes to Revlon Matte Lipstick - Pink Pout
This is a creamy baby-pink/nude pink and lilac hint 
to the lipstick with a lovely matte finish.

The color is true to what the product picture shows and stays true on the lips.
This is my go to drugstore lipstick...it instantly adds freshness and brightens the 
face a bit, very lovely and natural... However, the formula for this lipstick is a little 
drier so I recommend using a lip balm underneath. Apply the lip balm for at least 5 minutes, 
once your lip absorbed the moisture, you can apply the lipstick. And you will have your 
lovely "matte" finish lips. 

Another way is to use lip scrub, it will not only eliminates dry, 
flaky skin and leaves the lips soft and moisturized. 
I tried this hand scrub recipe to my lips, it works very very good :)
(I know, it seems a lot of work just to apply a matte lipstick *_*)

gorgeous matte pink 
When I saw this Revlon Pink Pout in the store, I thought it's a bit similar to
Rimmel's Airy Fairy, see picture above, the color stickers are so similar right?
The lipstick is plastic wrapped, it is hard to tell what the color look like..
I picked it up and thought I'd give it a try since the color is so pretty..
 Comparisons of these 2 lovelies (under natural sunlight)
Swatches of the two under natural sunlight

They are actually quite different,
both colors are so pretty and they give a nature nude-pink shade.
very happy with the new shade I got.

What's your favorite drugstore lipstick?
Comment below :)


DISCLAIMER: I paid for these lipsticks with my own money. I am not being paid or endorsed by any company for the products used/shown/mentioned. All thoughts expressed are my honest opinion.

5 comments:

  1. love the colours! :)

    P.s. U are welcome to check out my fashion blog anytime! thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just followed your blog! i love your review!

    please join my blog too if you don't mind
    http://beautysucker.blogspot.com/

    it will mean a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review. I kinda like how Airy Fairy looks better. I tend to go towards more 'coral' pinks than baby doll pinks.

    both are pretty though.
    check out my blog? www.cocomechanel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review.. I've been looking for a pink lipstick that suits my dark lips and fair medium complexion.. But the shimmer always bothers.. Will love to try this Airy Fairy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...