Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NYX Smokie Mountain (Swatch and Review)


Lately I found myself reaching for this NYX eyeshadow in Smokie Mountain quite often. Smokie Mountain is a deep army/olive green with a hint of brown and beautiful gold shimmers. It looks gorgeous in the pan and on the eyelids and is extremely pigmented. With an eyeshadow brush, I only need a very light tap for the areas I'd like to apply.  It's great for outer V as well as an eyeliner because the color is very intense, yet not as dark and harsh like black eyeshadows. 


one light sweep, very pigmented and beautiful

Swatch on bare arm (no primer used)

The texture is very smooth and creamy. However, I found it to be a tad bit "loose" so I always tap the eyeshadow using my eyeshadow brush with light hand. The only downside is the "fallout" problem. I know tap off the excess before applying usually resolve the problem, but it will at the same time shake off those beautiful gold shimmers. Sometimes I like to layer Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color in Black Karat for extra sparkles and I think these two together looks super pretty! It's also very long lasting, with MAC Paint Pot (in Painterly), this eyeshadow last me the entire day! 

Would you wear it? What's your favorite NYX eyeshadow shade? 


2 comments:

  1. Honey I a pleasure to visit your blog, I'm from Brazil and come back sometimes.


    www.minhamake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love that color!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...